Ulster Rugby Respect Policy
We are proud that matches at Kingspan Stadium are safe, enjoyable, inclusive experiences for everyone. We have a number of traditions that we believe make our stadium one of the best places in Europe to watch live rugby, and we ask all our supporters to adhere to the following guidelines:
- We are passionate in our support of the Ulster team
- We are silent during kicks at goal by both teams
- We respect the match officials’ decisions
- We drink responsibly
- We are mindful of our language, especially when there are children and young people near us
- We do not tolerate any form of abusive or discriminatory language
- We respect the opposition players, supporters, management and officials
Monitoring and Enforcement
If you are attending a match at Kingspan Stadium and do have an issue, please contact your nearest steward. Alternatively, you can call or text our Respect Hotline on 07790 200200 to report any incidents live. Supporters who choose to ignore this advice and warning, and continue to act in an unacceptable manner, may be removed from the stadium and may be banned from attending in the future.
All new and returning visitors should make themselves aware of the following Kingspan Stadium regulations:
- All persons entering the Stadium are admitted only subject to these Regulations, to the ticket Terms and Conditions of the IRFU Ulster Branch or organising body and to the stadium values.
- Permission to enter or to remain within the Stadium, notwithstanding possession of any ticket, is at the absolute discretion of Kingspan Stadium, its stewards or agents.
- All persons entering Kingspan Stadium must be in possession of a valid ticket for the particular event and have it available for inspection at all times. They may only occupy the seat / terrace allocated to them by that ticket and must not occupy another seat/terrace without the express permission of the Kingspan Stadium staff or stewards.
- Terrace areas are controlled by capacity restrictions for the safety and comfort of spectators. A valid ticket must be shown on entry and migration between terraces is strictly forbidden. To maintain safety, these standing areas must remain free from temporary seating or resting aids of any kind. Such items will be confiscated.
- The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, yellow steps, stairways and like places is strictly forbidden for spectator safety.
- Proof of age, where an age concession is claimed, and proof of identity may be required and must be supplied on demand.
- Kingspan Stadium excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons and property in or around the Stadium.
- All persons seeking entry to the Stadium acknowledge and agree to Kingspan Stadium’s right to search any person entering the Stadium and to refuse entry to or eject from the Stadium any person refusing to submit to such a search.
- Children under the age of 16 are admitted to the Stadium provided they are accompanied by an adult, who shall be 18 years or over and will control and supervise those children at all times. Supervisors of groups are responsible and accountable for all members of the group they accompany.
- Ticket holders are required to comply with the sports provisions within Part 4 of the Justice Act (Northern Ireland) 2011 specifically the offences relating to the throwing of missiles, chanting, going onto the field of play, being in possession of a firework, smoke device or flare, or contravening the conditions of a banning order. As the above are all criminal offences any breaches will be reported to the PSNI for investigation.
- Fireworks, smoke canisters, vuvuzelas, glass bottles, knives, glass, cans, flag poles, banners, fold up steps / seats, laser devices, dangerous or hazardous items and other similar articles or containers including anything which could or might be used as a weapon are not permitted within the ground and any person in possession of such an article or container may be refused entry or ejected from the Stadium. Umbrellas are not permitted to be used within the viewing area of the Stadium. Prams/ Strollers are not permitted within the viewing area of the Stadium, a buggy store is available in the Heineken Quarter.
- Only assistance dogs are permitted in designated areas of the Stadium. Such working dogs should present wearing a recognised bib and owners should be prepared to show proof of documentation.
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and such recreational wheeled devices are not permitted within the Stadium for security & safety reasons.
- Ball games are not permitted within the stadium for safety reason.
- Luggage or backpacks are not permitted into the Stadium for security & safety reasons. Please note, there are no storage facilities available at the Stadium. Small bags no larger than A4 are permitted but are subject to search.
- The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language and the utterance of racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment are strictly prohibited and may result in arrest and/or ejection from the Stadium.
- Any form of religious or political advertising, banner or slogan is strictly prohibited and may result in ejection from the Stadium.
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to throw any object onto the pitch.
- Unauthorised persons are not permitted to enter onto the field of play and shall be ejected and reported to the PSNI for investigation of a criminal offence.
- The Stadium is a no smoking environment. Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes and nicotine vaporisers, is not permitted in any building or enclosed space, including any part of the Stadium bowl. Dedicated locations within the stadium for smoking and the use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers have been identified for event day use, the open spaces behind the Grandstand, Memorial End Stand and Premium Stand these are the only locations where this activity is permitted.
- Spectators are not permitted to bring alcohol into or out of the Stadium. Persons who are, or appear to be, under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be removed or refused entry.
- A CCTV system is in operation throughout the stadium. Images are monitored and recorded to prevent, detect or investigate crime and for public safety.
- By entering the Stadium, all persons acknowledge that photographic images and/or video recordings and/or stills taken from those video recordings may be taken of them and may also be used by Kingspan Stadium, the organising body or their official partners for marketing or promotional purposes. Entry into the Stadium is confirmation that all persons have consented to such use of their image.
- Photographers must apply and be accredited in advance with approval by Ulster Rugby. Accredited official photographers only may make use of long-lens cameras and recording devices.
- Save for official merchandise and/or other sport related clothing worn in good faith, visitors shall not bring into, use or display within the Stadium any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
- No goods (including literature) or services of any nature may be offered either free or for sale by any person within the Stadium without the express written permission of Kingspan Stadium or the organising body.
- At all times whilst present in the Stadium, persons must comply with any and all instructions and directions of any steward or staff of Kingspan Stadium, any PSNI or any officer of any other safety service. Failure to comply with any such instruction or direction may lead to the refusal of entry to, or the immediate ejection from, the Stadium.
- We would remind supporters that fixtures are subject to change at any time and Ulster Rugby cannot be held responsible for any associate costs to fans in the event of an amendment.
- The ticket holder assumes all risk incidental to the game of rugby whether occurring prior to, during, or after the game including the danger of being injured by or in connection with thrown balls and agrees that Ulster Rugby are not liable for any injuries sustained.
- All car drivers are asked to observe parking restrictions, road closures and the instruction of Traffic Management stewards & PSNI officers. Parking in residential areas in the immediate vicinity should be avoided, spectators are advised to use the park & ride facilities. Do not park on grass areas or in a manner which causes obstruction.
- Please respect local residents when coming to and from the stadium.
- Kingspan Stadium reserves the right to make changes to any of the Stadium Regulations in its sole discretion. Any such changes will be notified to the public through Kingspan Stadium’s website and on display at the stadium.
Health & Safety Policy Statement (Nov 2017)