Here is everything you need to know ahead of the game…
- Date: Friday 15 October
- Kick-Off: 7:35 pm
- Venue: Kingspan Stadium
- Competition: United Rugby Championship, Round 4
- Match Officials:Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 56th competition game) Assistant: Robert O'Sullivan, Dermot Blake (both IRFU) TMO: Andrew McMenemy (SRU)
- Live TV: BBC NI / RTÉ 2 / Premier Sports 1/ URC TV
Tickets are still available for this fixture, priced from £25 for Adults and £15 for Juniors. » BUY TICKETS
- All tickets must be pre-purchased online - no tickets will be available to buy at the gate.
- We are now operating a fully digital ticketing experience - tickets should be downloaded to your smart phone or printed off, ready to scan for contactless entry at Kingspan Stadium. For assistance, view our Digital Ticketing Guide.
- The ticket booth at the Onslow Parade entrance will be open for an information point only.
The starting XV is unchanged to the side that defeated Benetton last Friday evening. Mike Lowry could make his 50th appearance for the province if called upon from the bench. And here is how our visitors will line up…
Digital Match Programme
Did you know?
- The Ulstermen have played nine previous matches against South African opponents in the Championship, winning seven, drawing one and losing one with the tie and the defeat both being on trips to Bloemfontein to face the Cheetahs in 2018 and 2019.
- Emirates Lions have won just two United Rugby Championship matches, 34-33 at home to the Bulls in the Rainbow Cup in May and 38-26 on a visit to Zebre in Round 1 this season.
- The two sides have never met before, whilst this is the Lions first-ever meeting against an Irish opponent.
ENTERING & EXITING THE STADIUM
Turnstiles will be open from 6.05 pm. To ensure the free flow of supporters, please note the following entry and exit points:
- Mount Merrion Ave Turnstiles: Supporters with tickets in Premium, East Terrace, Memorial Stand and Memorial Terrace.
- Onslow Parade Turnstiles: Supporters with tickets in Grandstand, The Promenade (West Terrace), AbbeyAutoline Family Stand and Family Terrace.
- The Food Village will be in operation, serving a variety of cuisines, while the Cool FM Street Team provide the playlist for the evening.
- The Kukri Store will be open from 5.30 pm until 30 minutes post-match.
- Audio descriptive match commentary to enhance the match experience for people affected by sight or hearing loss will be available. Earpieces can be collected from the admin building reception prior to the game, or you can book your equipment by calling Jen on (028) 9049 3222.
- OUR Club – the activity centre for our Junior Season Ticket holders – will not be in operation for this fixture.
- All five public bars will be in operation from gates open at 6.05 pm.
- 1m indoor social distancing restrictions necessitate one-way traffic flows, mandatory mask-wearing and no mingling inside bars.
- Drinks can be consumed outdoors, within the Fan Zone or in your seats/terrace.
- The Heineken Quarter, Clubhouse (both Grandstand side) and Backline (Family Stand end) bars will close 30 minutes after full-time.
- The Scrum and Lineout bars (Memorial End, beside the Fan Zone) will remain open for 1 hour post-match, with indoor social distancing restrictions still in place.
- Free Park & Ride services will be operating from Pirrie Park and Montgomery Road. This service operates on a continuous loop from 90 minutes before kick-off until 90 minutes after the final whistle.
- A free City Centre Shuttle Service will run just after the final whistle, taking supporters from Mount Merrion Avenue to Victoria Square. This bus will depart after the final whistle and then on 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 90 minutes post-match.
- Please follow all COVID guidelines for public transport, including wearing a face covering when using the Park & Ride and City Centre Shuttle Services.
Safe Return of Supporters
Please do not travel to Kingspan Stadium if you are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of COVID-19. All supporters are also advised to test themselves using Rapid COVID-19 tests before they attend, and on days 2 and 8 after the event, in order to identify any positive cases and allow them to self-isolate. In order to mitigate against the risk of COVID-19, the following measures have been put in place for this fixture:
- Terraces will be operating at 75% of normal capacity to provide some social distancing in busy areas.
- A section within the AbbeyAutoline Family Stand has been held for supporters who would prefer to sit in a socially distanced area.
- Digital tickets to provide contactless entry through the turnstiles.
- Enhanced cleaning to disinfect busy areas pre and post-match.
- Automated hand sanitising units have been fitted to turnstiles and stands.
- Face coverings must be worn when moving around the stadium and in any indoor areas.
- Increased ventilation in indoor locations.
- Numbers entering toilets will be controlled by stewards and one-way systems will be in operation where possible.
Extern staff and volunteers will be present at Ulster’s match against Emirates Lions on Friday night to encourage cashless donations from supporters in aid of Extern’s projects, as well as hosting a special ‘Safe Space’ for people to find out more about the charity’s work. If you would like to donate £5 towards Extern's support services, you can text SAFE5 to 70970.